X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGIF Report

Hope all have a great weekend.

-Harry

Harry, Enjoyed the video. Jorge you did a great job on these builds.
    Last edited by REL13; October 22, 2021, 05:52 PM.
    Robert- Shoreline Model Raceways Club
    Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

Great job Jorge!!! I have a soft spot fot GT40s and J cars…..(or any Ford for that matter). Working on some builds this weekend and exchanging my Scaley Cuda for the new Camaro
      Brian Mc
      Minnecrapulous, Mn

”Machinist: One who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data from those of questionable knowledge.”

Comment

Harry I am on the "5 yard line" on diving in and trying a chassis build for some 1/32 odd shaped bodies I have. !

My whole tool box for my home has just 1 hammer and two types screwdrivers and a wrench, that is it!!

If someone just made a complete adjustable kit with "everything, nothing left out" including the motor and maybe 3 tires and wheels choices (offer a jig), I would be in!!

The real WOW would be a utube vid on building it (asking alot)

"If I can do it anyone can" testimonial would mean a lot with my zero skill!!

Dundee Denny

Comment

• War Eagle River
          War Eagle River commented
          Editing a comment
          There are many scratch-building videos out there.

• Dundee Denny
          Dundee Denny commented
          Editing a comment
          I will have to shake off my Fred Flintstone ways and figure out uTube and check it out!!!

• 4424ever
          4424ever commented
          Editing a comment
          You got the hammer
          Dive in you’ll like it and those Pionner chassis’s will be a memory

Great job Jorge! You have become a machine!
        Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
        Facebook-
        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
        YouTube-
        https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Comment

Those Scalextric guide bushings are available separately on the SI website.

Comment

Very enjoyable video. These chassis make it look so simple. What a great job. Thanks.
            jeff

Comment

Great simple, working chassis. I need to copy those.

Good Friday this week. A guy that bought some Eldon 1/24 track from me at the slot show, came by on Tues nite to see us race. I set him up and he ran a little but it had been 15 years since he last raced and was rusty and in the way of the other guys. I told him to call me when he had time and I'd set him up to just run some laps by himself and get familiar again. He called yesterday and he spent about 2 hours running and asking questions. His lap times got fairly close to mine and it all came back pretty quick. He ended up buying two cars and I went thru his slot box and dug out a Parma FCR chassis that only needs a motor change and body to race with us. He is coming back Tues nite and is gung ho. It's always good to pull in an old slot racer back into the home aspect of slot racing..

We have good numbers right now, we have 5 racers every week and 3 off and on. On the 4 lane track, 5-8 is a good number. Nobody cares to race all nite and guys randomly offer their lane to anybody that wants to take their place.
              Matt B
              So. In
              Crashers

Comment

• Bal r 14
                Bal r 14 commented
                Editing a comment
                I am very jealous! I have a hard time getting more than one more racer than myself. I keep trying to get others interested, but I just doesn't seem to be accomplishing much.

Great video Harry and awesome work Jorge on all those cars!
              TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!
              Warren, Ohio

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CBE7D553-FE36-4E09-B196-AF3F2EBEC6B0.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	128050 Went to a slot car show with Chappyman66 yesterday. The show has gotten smaller over the years with few bargains….but I did score a mint Strombecker Ford J for 15.00

Click image for larger version

Name:	FA4FB7B5-4572-41F1-ADEC-584422DACE17.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	128049
                Attached Files
                Brian Mc
                Minnecrapulous, Mn

”Machinist: One who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data from those of questionable knowledge.”

Comment

• 4424ever
                  4424ever commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice find don’t recall seeing it in orange mine are all white or yellow

• MnFordGuy
                  MnFordGuy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’ve only seen white and yellow…bought a white one from Rusty a while back. Ya it’s an Eldon after looking into it some more.

That's a Great looking Eldon !Congrats on the great buy!
                Rusty
                Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

• slothead
                  slothead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, that certainly looks more toyish than the Strombecker J-car body I have. Plus, the version I have has a rounded front end without the vampire teeth.
              Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1