Anyone else notice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else notice?

Just curious. Anyone else notice the new pricing on scalextric cars? $54.99? I mean, the new slot it cars are only $5 more @ $59.99. I’m not bashing scalextric, I really like their cars. Just kinda surprising……..

every thing is going up in price. give it some time I'm sure the slot it along with the rest will go up also
    THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
    Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

Given the world situation the last 2 years, we are seeing lots of changes in commerce, supply and shipping. I doubt if we will see any kind of normal until next year sometime. I doubt if that normal will be what was normal 2 years ago. With the amount of jobs going unfilled, wages are bound to go up everywhere and that affects supply costs, manufacturing costs, shipping and delivery costs. Most everything is going up some and that will be the new normal.

I'm just happy they finally got that boatload of Predator motors unloaded from one of the big boats off shore in LA. Now we can get these Proxy barges done!

We bought some new furniture last week. They said it would be here in 4-6 weeks. I asked the guy, did that really mean 6 weeks at the soonest and he just smiled. A month ago we had to get a new fridge. I hunted all around and finally found one in stock at Lowes that was what we wanted. The sales girl said if we ordered a fridge they were looking at next Feb or Mar. A big change from what we have been used to for so long!
      Matt B
      So. In
      Crashers

Comment

yeah it's crazy
        Fuel prices are going up weekly. So transportation costs have to show someplace.
        Hopefully this winter isn't too cold otherwise heating oil is going to be VERY costly

Comment

Originally posted by mattb View Post
          Given the world situation the last 2 years, we are seeing lots of changes in commerce, supply and shipping. I doubt if we will see any kind of normal until next year sometime. I doubt if that normal will be what was normal 2 years ago. With the amount of jobs going unfilled, wages are bound to go up everywhere and that affects supply costs, manufacturing costs, shipping and delivery costs. Most everything is going up some and that will be the new normal.

I'm just happy they finally got that boatload of Predator motors unloaded from one of the big boats off shore in LA. Now we can get these Proxy barges done!

We bought some new furniture last week. They said it would be here in 4-6 weeks. I asked the guy, did that really mean 6 weeks at the soonest and he just smiled. A month ago we had to get a new fridge. I hunted all around and finally found one in stock at Lowes that was what we wanted. The sales girl said if we ordered a fridge they were looking at next Feb or Mar. A big change from what we have been used to for so long!
          Yep my mother ordered a fridge in November still waiting. Be a year 11 15.
          Last edited by docdoom; October 20, 2021, 08:09 PM.
          THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
          Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

Took us year to get our fridge. My sister says her HVAC guy said the same is true for heat pumps. Put her the waiting list and expects the price to be substantially higher when it arrives.
            Mike V.
            Western North Carolina

Comment

Didn't we learn in school decades ago that price is a function of supply and demand? What something is worth is ultimately dependent on what someone else is willing to pay for it. Many of us guys here on HRW now are retired. That might mean less income but also potentially less expenses and a lot more time for hobby stuff. I admit to spending more on toys now than I ever would have while working.

Having saved pennies all my life for the future now seems like the right time to start spending them.
              Last edited by slothead; October 20, 2021, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Shipping costs have skyrocketed along with many other things you may find the price’s get even higher
                Dave
                Peterborough Ont
                CANADA

Comment

It's a shame. I try to support my local HS as much as I can. I special order every spring the releases I want as well as buy armor kits on impulse. They just raised their Carerra cars to $58.99 and $89.99 for 1/24. I walked out and left the cars. The prices were $46.99 and $69.99 for digital cars. I get an increase but 20% on a slot car is extreme. It looks like mail order with free shipping from now on.

Comment

• slothead
                    slothead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The shop may need to make that increase for their own budgetary reasons. If you value having a local hobby shop let them know what your constraints are. Most of us wish we had a local hobby shop to patronize, but also have to acknowledge they have factors preventing them form being able to offer products at the same price as large online vendors.

I loved having a fabulous hardware store just down the street, but every time I drove past them on my way to Home Depot to get stuff at a better price I sealed their fate.

Unfortunately we are seeing a few slot car places that now sell out of there basement so they don't have the over head that other places have. It used to be that you had to have a brick and mortar building to sell slot cars, at least the major brands with Carrera being the exception. I know that having a shop definitely adds to my bottom line but there are not many places you can still go and buy cars and parts then race them. I wouldn't quit going to your local hobby shop because of a slight increase. Carrera has raised the price on all of their products. I would also recomend you use a shop who is promoting the hobby as apposed to just selling a little cheaper out of their basements because soon you will not have anyone who knows about the hobby who you can call and ask questions. It's unfortunate that everyone is out to save a couple dollars without looking at the big picture.
                  Mike
                  Clover Leaf Racing 7746 Clyde Road Fenton MI 48430 U.S.A. 313-473-SLOT
                  web site: https://cloverleafracing.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloverleafracing
                  YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLR132slots?feature=watch

Comment

Saw on the news recently that Carrera/Revell has 15 containers setting off the coast at LA. The increased cost for shipping ONE has increased by over $20,000!!!!!

Comment

Interesting update on the LHS. Had to stop by and get some Tamiya sprays and they had the new scaly Cudas at $44.95. Well, I bought a couple but still carrera 1/32 is $58+.

Comment

• arroldn
                        arroldn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That is a good deal on the Cuda since they are selling at on online dealers for around $54.
                    Working...
                    X
                    UA-149438709-1