2.2mm tap and drill bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.2mm tap and drill bit

so im having a hard time finding a 2.2mm tap and drill bit. plenty of 2.0 and 2.5mm. do i just use the 2.0mm? anyone have a reliable source for this ? thanks
    bill ,framingham ma

2.2mm taps are available from McMaster-Carr. The correct drill bit size is 1.75mm (0.0688"). taps | McMaster-Carr

Comment

thanks rich, much appreciated, just ordered
      bill ,framingham ma

Comment

What part of a slot car has a M2.2 thread or is this for a special use?
        Kevan - Isle of Man
        Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...

Comment

NSR,scale auto are the ones im familiar with. they have a nice smooth area for body float.
          bill ,framingham ma

Comment

RichD has it right...

McMaster-Carr (mcmaster.com) has been a favorite source for tools and supplies for decades. They carry -- no joke -- 550,000 items! Comprehensive is not the word. Just this week I purchased from them eight Wiha brand screwdrivers and hex drivers, plus some 18-8 stainless steel fasteners.

A long, long time ago I was surprised and delighted to find one of their big, heavy yellow catalogs had been delivered to my home. I felt I had arrived! It was the same rush I got as a kid when the Sears Christmas catalog got delivered.

I don't get those catalogs anymore. I don't know if they still print them. Online is the thing now. Super convenient. Very often stuff I order one day shows up the next.

If you have never heard of them, go check them out. You will be amazed.

Ed Bianchi
            Ed Bianchi
            York Pennsylvania USA

Comment

ill have to check out there catalogue a bit more. was very easy to order from
              bill ,framingham ma

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1