Ferrari 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari 750

Vlad provided us with some nice files for some classic cars from the 50’s. I got this one almost finished up. This is another really nice file with respect to printing.

I really like old Ferrari’s, and this one provided a break from all the GT3 cars I have been doing. It is sitting on a slimline inline chassis of my own design. Of course old Ferrari’s need wire wheels. These were picked up through Pendels.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9761DCB8-09F4-4823-8AA5-462166018D42.jpeg Views:	77 Size:	429.1 KB ID:	123729 Click image for larger version  Name:	030D77C5-4B8F-4163-8613-87225E0326AE.jpeg Views:	74 Size:	1.32 MB ID:	123730 Click image for larger version  Name:	94375A5D-5FEA-49FF-AF08-6E7F9FA4ACAB.jpeg Views:	73 Size:	1.78 MB ID:	123731
    Last edited by Barc 1; September 30, 2021, 08:57 AM.
    Cheers

Dan
    G.P Alberta

Very nice Dan! I love the front-engined sports cars from the ‘50s.
    Team SCANC
    Woodland Trace Raceway - SlotZuka - Bent Tree Raceway
    OFI - Buena Vista Motorsports Park - Slotkins Glen
    Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

After me printing this for a friend, he informs me it is actually a 750 Monza and the TR has a different bonnet and some other small differences.
      But it is still a great model.

Comment

• Barc 1
        Barc 1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Title changed. Thanks for helping clarify this car.

• -nimrod-
        -nimrod- commented
        Editing a comment
        Apologies for the mixup guys, but they do look very similar

• Barc 1
        Barc 1 commented
        Editing a comment
        No need to apologize. I built the car because I loved the lines it had. It could be called a mushroom and it wouldn’t change anything. The car is beautiful and the file you did up is an awesome print. The difference are so subtle, I just assumed they were perhaps different years in the photographs I was looking at. It probably has something to do with engine displacement
        I.e was the number class about cu cm under the hood?. Of course with the engine change small body changes may have been required to both accommodate the size and cooling requirements of a different motor. Very easy to get lost in the Ferrari nomenclature

Great looking car.
      Brad
      Ayton, ON Canada

Comment

I have a great reference for Ferraris built up to 1981, it is in two volumes and is "Ferrari 1946-1981" by Augusto Costantino. The 750 Monza of 1954 was powered by a 3L straight 4 cylinder engine. The 250 Monza also of 1954 is nearly identical, but had a 3L V12 engine. These cars were built for racing and I gather that only a few were built with each example having minor differences. I have several pictures of each car with only one picture showing a 750 with a chrome? strip on the side. The other 750s and 250s lacked that strip that bisects the vent on the side.

Comment

I will change the title. Although the differences are subtle, and I suspect it has more to do with what is under the hood , this car represents a 750 as it lacks the small hood scoops. Each car built seemed to have subtle differences, I.e some 750’s had the fuel cap in the hump, others didn’t. Again probably these differences were more related to the power plant installed.
          Cheers

Dan
          G.P Alberta

Comment

Nice, BARC 1! Something similar. My Fangio 290 MM...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Moss.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	123758

Comment

• Barc 1
              Barc 1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Very nice car. My model railroading experience tells me nothing shines in real life, and everything needs to be dulled down on a model. The flat finish gives the model some substance and it looks very realistic. Not sure why I have not adopted this on my slot car builds. This picture reminds of the merits of a flat finish on a model. I think I may adopt this going forward as the finish on this car really emphasizes that fact. Shine is fine, but flat is where it is at.

• docdoom
              docdoom commented
              Editing a comment
              better be careful once you go flat your never go back....

• Barc 1
              Barc 1 commented
              Editing a comment
              For years I have gone out of my way to flatten every shine on anything that touches my model railroad. For some reason this reality never creeped into my slot cars, I have done a few in a semigloss, but think I will go all out flat on the next builds

Hey Dan,

You make all my work worth it by creating such beautiful models
            Thank you
            Cheers
            NumROD

Comment

Added the panel lines and a few other details. Lowered the stance a bit to get it more in line with photos of the real car.

Name:	B2BF8A63-9974-4B41-88EF-89746B9A5E30.jpeg
Views:	159
Size:	674.0 KB
ID:	123845 Click image for larger version

Name:	6C1E8630-C9D5-4E13-BDA6-2DD106656876.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	123846

Cheers

Dan
              G.P Alberta

Comment

• chappyman66
                chappyman66 commented
                Editing a comment
                I like it lower.....looks great!

That is a great looking car.
              By the way with Ferraris the number designation refers to the displacement of each cylinder. The 750 Monza is a four banger so 4 X 750 cc is 3000 cc or 3 liters. The 250 Monza is 12 X 250 cc, also 3 liters.

Comment

Another example of a flat finish. Fangio again, this time in a Maser 250.

Name:	IMG_0620.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	446.1 KB
ID:	123962

Comment

Another fine example of how realistic a flat finish is. Both are awesome models
                  Cheers

Dan
                  G.P Alberta

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

I have to disagree about the flat finish,particularly on Ferrari’s, they left the factory polished.
                      Many if the racing pics look flat simply because the cars were not washed at the tracks.

Comment

Flat or shiny... there's some excellent modeling in this thread!

Andre Ming
                        Poteau, OK

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        UA-149438709-1