Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 1/32 model car for slot car use I found today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1/32 model car for slot car use I found today!!

So maybe this was posted before and I just missed it but...home this weekend and stopped by my LHHS(Local Hardware/Hobby Store) in town this morning like I always due when I'm back home and found and purchased this dandy of a 1/32 model car...never heard of this company or anything about it but my store owner said there are more different ones out there and of course I told him if they come in to save me a few...sucks that on the box they didn't have the other models pictured!! Anyway here's a couple photos of it, along with some Carrera and Scalextric cars next to it to show how the wheel bases are mighty close to this model...of course this will get a brass chassis under it and will probably be my Showdown car for 2022 if its legit for the series!! Anyway if this is old news...OH WELL

TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!
    Warren, Ohio

This and several more are on their way. Next up is the 1971 Pontiac Firebird. The '82 Camaro is already out. These are old Monogram tools. Atlantis purchased many of the old Revell, Aurora, Renwal, and Monogram Molds when Revell Monogram assets were auctioned off when Hobico went bankrupt.
    I get paid to build models, race slot cars, and travel to museums.

Comment

• Broman62
      Broman62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the update!!

Hey Broman any chance you could show whatโ€™s on the decal sheet
    Dave
    Peterborough Ont
    CANADA

Comment

• Bluevista
      Bluevista commented
      Editing a comment
      The decal sheet has black and white side pinstripes, black and white large NOVA quarter panel decals, and a bowtie and a couple of Nova SS license plate decals.

Hell yes its legit!!!
    -Harry

Comment

And just ordered both.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 5.14.43 PM.png
Views:	403
Size:	1,019.0 KB
ID:	122960

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 5.14.57 PM.png
Views:	391
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	122961

Thanks Bro and Ace for the info.

-Harry

Comment

This will be a great one, tooโ€ฆ

Click image for larger version  Name:	F396D39A-D046-4C9D-A04E-DB2151EC7FD6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	800.2 KB ID:	122964

Comment

• williamg
          williamg commented
          Editing a comment
          I know, I've been waiting for this one. I owned a 69, and a 74 firebird.

I have the NOVA and Z28 here - but hadn't had a chance to open them up yet - have a pre-order in for the Firebird as well! Should make some great Showdown body donors!

Comment

Decal sheet:

TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!
          Warren, Ohio

Comment

• TuscoTodd
            TuscoTodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for sharing the decal sheet details.
            Would love to see a set of Yenko decals offered for them on the future. ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks guys was wondering if they changed from the old ones
          They must no have got the graphics when they bought the moulds
          Dave
          Peterborough Ont
          CANADA

Comment

I have the first two , just ordered the Firebird

Comment

I would like to get my hands on one the Nova kits but the shipping is as much as the kit.
              For anyone considering the Trans Am I build the Monogram kit a few years ago and the Scalextric 70 Camaro chassis worked great for our stock Trans Am class. The wheelbase and track width were just about perfect.

Name:	IMG_0511.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	123050 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0509.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	123049
              I cut a piece of black plastic from an old day planner page protector for behind the rear wheels to fill the gap but kept the same position for the mounting holes.
              Brad
              Ayton, ON Canada

Comment

• Brad_T
                Brad_T commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the information. I'm in Canada and checked the Atlantis website but the cost of shipping doesn't make sense for a single car purchase.

• PetesLightKits
                PetesLightKits commented
                Editing a comment
                Brad
                If you have a local hobby shop see if they can order one in for you from a Canadian distributor. The three languages on the packaging suggests that Atlantis will be distributing into Canada.

• Brad_T
                Brad_T commented
                Editing a comment
                I will try and find a local dealer. The Atlantis website does say for now they have distributors in Canada and the US only.

Originally posted by 4424ever View Post
              Thanks guys was wondering if they changed from the old ones
              They must no have got the graphics when they bought the moulds
              No mold changes. Yes, they have the original decal artwork and decals on file. I was asked to create new decal artwork as some of the original was "less than inspiring". There are Legal factors at work as well. The '71 Firebird for example. Some logos had to be removed, other changed.
              I get paid to build models, race slot cars, and travel to museums.

Comment

• TuscoTodd
                TuscoTodd commented
                Editing a comment
                Appreciate the added details!
                I am just very thankful that they were able to acquire the molds and pit them back into use (and here in the USA to boot!)
                ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

I have been wanting that vintage of Trans Am for a number of years. And slot companies keep making Camaros. (I am not saying that is bad...)
              And I used to have a 1972 Pontiac Ventura II like this.

Name:	CC-32-008-800.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	325.6 KB
ID:	123269
              I think a Nova is as close as I will get. The question is, can I make a Nova into a Ventura? I just might have to try.
              Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Comment

• Brad_T
                Brad_T commented
                Editing a comment
                You can do it.

I would say anything is possible. Here is a resin mold Mark T made years back. He crafted some killer flares on this one.

Name:	nv1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	123273

Name:	nv2.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	123274
              -Harry

Comment

Here is another resin Nova, this one is on a Slot.it HRS2 chassis.

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1