Lighted Carrera Evolution Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighted Carrera Evolution Cars

It looks like Carrera has lights in some of their new Evolution cars.
    Do they use a ‘y’ connector off the power lead to plug the light boards into?
    Photo would be helpful.

The Carrera Evolution cars have an analog chip with the reversing switch and wires with connectors out of the chip for the power, motor, front, and rear lights, at least the ones that are lit I have do. The chip has a capacitor and all that so the lights stay on I guess. I converted them to digital right off the bat so not sure what they do, mostly their classis cars and hot rods IIRC.
    Allan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0ACB8243-FCD7-4435-97A0-4F8CC94F9D8F.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	119137 Click image for larger version

Name:	EE3B9636-B8AB-48EA-B9E2-25712C342C7A.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	3.55 MB
ID:	119136 Click image for larger version

Name:	2B87EED9-8664-4767-BD92-1C7F4AEB8648.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	119135 Here are some pics of my new Carrera Evolution Capri with lights. I was so happy to find they have added lights to the analog cars! Well done Carrera and all for $35. Simply amazing!
      Hope the pics help…

Comment

Interesting that they used the old through hole LED's. But I agree, that'ws a super deal for $35!!!
        People don't stop playing because they get old, people get old because they stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosInSeattle View Post
          Interesting that they used the old through hole LED's. But I agree, that'ws a super deal for $35!!!
          It may be old tech but they are sooooooo easy to replace. Besides I still have about 50 spare bulbs.
          Dave

Dave
          Saginaw Valley Raceway
          Only Rule: Just enjoy who you are racing with.

Comment

• CarlosInSeattle
            CarlosInSeattle commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Dave, are your spare bulbs through hole or SMD? Or a little bit of both?

And they put the light right where you want it instead of lighting up the whole underside of the car
          Dave
          Peterborough Ont
          CANADA

Comment

Carlos, they are just like the ones in his picture. Unsolder the bulbs from the board and re-solder the new ones in.
            Dave
            Saginaw Valley Raceway
            Only Rule: Just enjoy who you are racing with.

Comment

• CarlosInSeattle
              CarlosInSeattle commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Dave. I need to replace a couple SMD style led's, the tiny ones they've mostly used lately. Not easy but luckily I'm not half bad at soldering...when I take my time.
          Working...
          X
          UA-149438709-1