BMW 3DP GT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW 3DP GT3

This may be the first all BARC car to be assembled. 3D printed resin Shell and wheels, FDM printed chassis, and guide, vacuum formed glass and interior tray with resin details added, Home drafted decals printed on my laser jet printer, and BARC urethane tires. Motor is a 21 K 130 that I bought in bulk at 1.50 each. Performance is on par with scaley motors.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7E537AEB-A013-47BB-B923-87DD70C460E5.jpeg Views:	25 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	118716 Click image for larger version  Name:	76F58E39-DEE8-4002-B93F-87C1312F1F80.jpeg Views:	24 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	118717
    Last edited by Barc 1; September 3, 2021, 05:00 PM.
    Cheers

Dan
    G.P Alberta

that did come out great.
    man I gotta get into 3d printing one of these days

Comment

looks great Barc, nice job

Comment

Looks good but drastically reduced tyre width is leaving performance on the table, I'd say inline with wider tyres would leave that in it's dust.
        Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...

Comment

• Barc 1
          Barc 1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Those rear tires are 12 mm wide, so am wondering how wide would you go?

• Kevan
          Kevan commented
          Editing a comment
          Must be the angle, they look like 10's

Great work, Dan. I used to know a guy who said gears were the biggest thing you need.... everything else for a slot car is around if you want to scratch build.

Now with 3DP, you can do the whole thing. It has completely revolutionized the hobby for me.

And your decals are looking very nice.
        Come Race at The Trace!
        Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Great work Dan

Comment

And this is what happens when you ... 'Barc up the right tree'.

Comment

Thanks guys.

3 D printing is a rewarding past time. Endless possibilities for producing slot cars. The two hobbies go very well together with slot cars offering all kinds of
              projects that can be produced. I am coming up to my first anniversary with respect to 3 D printing and my track is populated with projects off the printers.

Especially rewarding are cars Like the 61 Ford Falcon, and the Volvo 122. You just don’t see many around as they have been ignored and not on any manufacturers priority list. 3 D printing makes them possible.
              Cheers

Dan
              G.P Alberta

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1