Racer Ford GTE GT3 Wynn livery impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racer Ford GTE GT3 Wynn livery impressions

Anyone run this car yet? I received mine last Friday, (2 days, thanks SCC) beauty, but the wing requires assembly, 3 pieces, not an easy task! The holes in bottom of wing were almost nonexistent and the tabs on struts are almost as bad. Took it for some laps and the rear end was bouncing badly. Thought I had a tire not seated (I thought I checked, but I am old). No, tires were fine. Glued tires to rims after filling “air gaps”. Noticed a large amount of play on the axle, similar to knurled axle cars? Replaced bushings and axle, but still had bounce under hard acceleration. Put some motor pod screws in the back of pod, for a total of 6. That cured the bounce. The tires are very sticky and we’re difficult to true, wanted to “chunk “. Not sure what brand of tires. Now runs pretty good, but all in all, not a good experience for a $70+ car.

Harry

got mine yesterday. I did even bother with the factory hard wing and installed the flex wing instead with a little bit of canopy glue. no reason to fill the air gap. I found that the rubber tires work better that way.
    did you make sure what ever you used to fill the air gab was true before installing the tires? every car different but back off the pod screws half a turn and a little tape on the front is a good start. half turn on the body screws and go from there.
    those mirrors wont last long, broke one off just removing the car from the base, which was no easy task for some strange reason
    have not gone any further with mine. have to wait till i get to a track and run it to see what it needs.
    Last edited by docdoom; August 27, 2021, 08:28 PM.
    THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
    Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

I didn’t get a flexible wing?? I did adjust pod screws before adding to back of pod. How were your bushings? I must have got a Friday afternoon car!

Harry
      Last edited by Hksk25; August 27, 2021, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• docdoom
        docdoom commented
        Editing a comment
        nope mine are tight.SWFGT/C1 is the part # for the wing.

What he said(docdoom)👆🏻
      got mine last week and it’s runs great. I had the white kit version before so I had set up the wing already. Not the easiest job to glue together as u r right the holes r very small..
      Tires at least on my painted Carrera track work very well…
      Good luck and the car looks pretty amazing to say the least!
      Last edited by Ragtopman; August 27, 2021, 08:09 PM.

Comment

The car is a beauty, and mine runs great - surprisingly quiet too. That said, the three flimsy pieces that make up the wing are a joke.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up, guys. Mine is due to arrive in the next day or two. I hope it runs like their Lamborghini that I got last month. For my track I’ll swap the motor for a short can NSR 25K EVO and change to the new Quick Slicks DF tires. I’m really liking the GT3 cars partly because they look like road cars with cool aero mods, but the wings sure don’t stay on long. Like docdoom and the mirrors, I broke the wing supports getting the Lambo out of the packaging.
          Mike V.
          Western North Carolina

Comment

• docdoom
            docdoom commented
            Editing a comment
            I feel your pain did the same thing with my lambo. nothing sucks more than break something on a brand new car even before it on the track the rubber wing they make stand up to the abuse if you can look pass the fact they fill like wet noddles

[QUOTE Like docdoom and the mirrors, I broke the wing supports getting the Lambo out of the packaging.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why more slot car companies don't follow Revo's lead and make the wings on their cars attach with magnets, like they did on the Ferrari 333. Simple, strong, and breaks away without damage in a crash.

Comment

Mine arrived today and I can see marshals demanding a release of liability for mirror damage before touching these cars.😅 LOL. Beautiful cars, though.
            Mike V.
            Western North Carolina

Comment

Would like to see side by side pics of the Scalextric and Sideways cars, both in Wynn’s livery.
              Anyone?

Comment

• SuperSlab
                SuperSlab commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah yes, then we can see which Wynn's wins!

• WB2
                WB2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

Anyone else feel like the car looks unfinished at the rear above the diffuser? Yuk

I outfitted mine with Urethane tires, an Avant Slot Hurricane motor, yep, because it was orange😂, and a 12 tooth pinion. That's about how much thought goes into motor selection and tuning these days. Did all the typical Sideways stiffening stuff in the rear guys have touched on above as well as filling in the air ride wheel gaps and this thing rips! Make sure to put two screws in the mount holes at the rear of the car for wood track tuning especially.
              Once I figure out how to close in the rear tail section this will be a great looking and great running car.

You can see right through the gap in the back above the rear diffuser. Notice the rear body mounts and back two pod mounts in this on-line photo I found.
              This is probably not a big deal to most but I will be filling this in similar to how Carrera finished thier model off. I won't be using those two rear body adjustment mounts so I may just cut those off and glue in some sort of motor detail piece and close off the underside of the body similar to how Carrera finished off thier model. That said, it's no contest as it relates to the performance of this model over all of the other RTR Ford GTE's released to date. With a simple motor and pinion swap this thing really hauls the mail around a big wood track.

Last edited by KK Racing; August 31, 2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Hksk25
                Hksk25 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea, I thought mine was missing a part back there until I looked at pics of it online. I got mine running very well, going to try some different tires.
                Harry

A fellow racer emailed me yesterday with a good idea or solution for this. Simply paint the body posts and back of the pod flat black and add a piece of grill mesh and or some sort motor detail in the back to finish things off. This should work nicely. Hopefully that suspect rear wing and wing mirrors survive all of the handling the body is going to receive completing the rear valance treatment.

Comment

Before
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20210830_165633.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	118044
                After

Name:	20210831_132201.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	118045

Fabricated parts

Name:	20210831_110852.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	118046 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210831_130842.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	118047 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210831_131851.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	118048
                Attached Files

Comment

• docdoom
                  docdoom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ok your hired . now print out 200 more and ship then out to te rest of us that have these car...

• KK Racing
                  KK Racing commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wish I could doc but 3D printing is a bit outside of my wheelhouse currently.

• docdoom
                  docdoom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Say What that just scrap plastic??? I may have some of that my self . off to the work bench I go....cutting grinding were we go again....

Spent the day setting up the car. Decided to make it a project to make the Baby Raptor work on my track. I think I was prejudiced against long cans after struggling to harness the yellow cans in the slot.it LMP cars. Quick Slicks DF 158’s , the usual axle and pod stuff and some lead seemed to do the trick. Runs times equal to the NSR GT3’s. Drives completely different from them but result is the same. May have to revisit the Lambo and give the Baby Raptor a second chance.
                Now to tackle the wing and hole I in the tail.
                Mike V.
                Western North Carolina

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1