Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peel n' Stick Roundels n' Numbers?

For 1/32 scale.

I've searched all the HRW advertisers, and none offered such. Are those still available or is everything water slide now? I don't like water slide because they chip and and scratch with use.

Any input appreciated!

Andre
    Last edited by LAMing; August 23, 2021, 02:30 PM.
    Andre Ming
    Poteau, OK

PCH slot has a limited peel n stick selection, as does Prof. Mtr.,(and,I am sure others)...........the widest selection by far in peel/n stick, is Pattos' Place,.......He has varieties for just about anything you could want.

Cheers
    Chris Walker

Comment

Thanks Chris.

No joy at PCH for generic roundels and numbers. Prof Mtr had some for 1/24 but none for 1/32.

OMG... trying to work my through Patto's Place... but I'll be there a while! (Huge listing.) So far, I'm mainly turning up car-specific sticker sets and not a sheet of generic roundels and numbers.

Back to Patto's to continue searching through the listings.

Andre Ming
      Poteau, OK

Comment

For now I've gone International. Seems there's a lot of cottage suppliers for us 1/32 home set types across the pond and I now have a nice sheet of roundels w/numbers in a nice font headed my way.

Andre
        Andre Ming
        Poteau, OK

Comment

Andre,
          I use a 3/4" hole punch from a craft store. As I have a roll of Red Baron plane covering I use it.

Comment

If you have a printer there is plenty of stuff you can print from the internet or a source of your own. If you have one acceptable number, you can copy as many as you want on white self stick vinyl or on self stick paper.
            Matt B
            So. In
            Crashers

Comment

Frank:

Paper punch and model airplane covering. Hm. I would have never thought of that. Does the Red Baron you speak of have pressure sensitive sticktion or does it need heat like MonoCote? I have black numbers out the wazoo left on the many sheets... just out of roundels. Solid white would be fine, and certainly would give me a way to use up a bunch of those surplus numbers on the roundel-less sheets.

Matt:

How thick is this white self-stick vinyl of which you speak? Does it mold to compound curves nicely? What brand do you use? Do you have a link you could share?

Hm again. I need to make a trip to Fort Smith to pick up motorcycle parts that came in... maybe a sashay over to Hobby Lobby would turn up some vinyl and a 1/2" paper punch? If so, I'd be in business as soon as I got home.

Thanks fella's.

Andre

Andre Ming
              Poteau, OK

Comment

the self stick vinyl is the same as any kind of stickers you would buy that are on vinyl. I got mine from Ebay. I think there are 5 sheets in a package. That can make lots of decals. It is thin enough to mold to any shape. There is also clear available. You can get plain white stick on paper that is the same as the stickers on the cheapie 60's slot cars.
                Matt B
                So. In
                Crashers

Comment

Thanks Matt.

Assuming the cars I'll be restoring will have yellowed or missing paper, I think I'll stick with vinyl. Paper is dead flat, there ought to be some sheen, or at least satin look, on the vinyl, so it would look better to my eyes.

I searched Amazon and saw sheets, but in larger quantities than I was wanting. Like I said, I intend to swing by Hobby Lobby tomorrow to see what I can come up with.

Andre
                  Andre Ming
                  Poteau, OK

Comment

try ebay
                    Matt B
                    So. In
                    Crashers

Comment

Andre Ming
                      Poteau, OK

Comment

I also use the thin vinyl sticky back material from the hobby shop that is intended for RC airplanes and such. I buy the white and also yellow, silver, and gold.

I suggest you buy several sizes of craft punches. Half inch, 5/8, and 3/4 fit the bill for the most part on 1/32 scale. Suggest you punch the vinyl very quickly and firmly. ‘Slow’ punches seem to tear or stretch the vinyl.

the decal numerals seem to stick quite well to the vinyl.
                        jeff

Comment

For peel and stick Ultracals.

CLICK HERE

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 9.57.22 PM.png
Views:	96
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	116570

-Harry

Comment

Harry:

Yes, I saw those. I was hoping to find the blank roundels and you add the numbers separate. I may have come up with a way to do that now by using the above ideas.

However, if it doesn't turn out to suit me, then I'll will have to rethink it, and may have to use pre-numbered roundels such as above.

Thanks!

Andre Ming
                            Poteau, OK

Comment

Ultracal are available all over eBay

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              UA-149438709-1