BARC RACING TIRES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BARC RACING TIRES

Using 3D software and my resin 3 D printer I was able to fashion some tire masters. A silicone mold was made and then a Urethane tire was molded from that.

Fresh out of the mold is a 20X10 tire with raised lettering. I did just one to make sure the dimensions fit well on a CB rim. After this has been confirmed then I will make up a mold to do 12 at a time.

The raised letters make it easy to paint.

I have done up some Good Years as well

Click image for larger version  Name:	EEF11B55-BE40-40D1-83CB-306CD5A03F21.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	641.8 KB ID:	115888
    Last edited by Barc 1; August 20, 2021, 03:40 PM.
    Cheers

Dan
    G.P Alberta

Nice

Comment

That is pretty slick Barc! Excellent!
      Mike - Galena Ohio

"When you're back there with the squirrels, you're bound to get your nuts cracked." - Graham Rahal

https://www.hrwforum.com/forum/hrw-a...gends-bullring

Comment

I like BRT's, Barc Racing Tires. Now you need some decals to go on your cars.

Comment

Very likey muchly
          Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...

Comment

Woah! That turned out amazing, very impressive.

Comment

great idea
              nice work, awesome

Comment

Nice, do they come out of the mould easily?
                Could post a photo of the mould please.
                cheers
                David
                Dangermouse to the rescue.

Comment

• Barc 1
                  Barc 1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You must use a mold release and let them cure 24 hours before removing them. Use a flexible silicone for a mold that allows a lot of stretch before it tears

I tried 3D printing molds but it is was a fail. I could not get the tires out of the mold without wrecking them. I would need to go with a 3 part mold and decided to just use a silicone mold as it is just easier.

I will post some pictures of the molds later. I just filled them with another batch of urethane. I did some sportsman sized for Harry’s next showdown. I should do some Hoosiers

Excellent work, love the raised lettering

Comment

Out of curiosity, what would you use for a mold for a silicone tire?

Comment

• Barc 1
                    Barc 1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I never knew that, and didn’t want to chance a fail, so I have always just used a mold release.

• Rastas
                    Rastas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If I'm not sure what the tires are made from, I'll use a mould release when making the mould! but silicone to silicone definitely use!

• Rastas
                    Rastas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I just received the silicone and clean clay for my next moulds, I'll be doing copies of the BRM Trans Am front &back tires for my 1/24 3d cars . I'll be doing a two peace mould , will post some pics if I remember to take some. This will be my first go at a two peace, so I hope it works .

Same stuff. I did a batch of silicone tires as well using the same molds. I had some left over silicone I was using to make a new mold, so I tinted it black and used it for tire material in the previous molds I had done. I never use silicone tires, but I now have some should a proxy require it. Mold release is your friend. Without mold release you would have an epic fail on your hands

I use Smooth On mold release in an aerosol can and it works well. Spray it over the molds, and then with a gloved finger wipe it in to insure you have the tire cavities covered.
                  Cheers

Dan
                  G.P Alberta

Comment

To go along with the BRTs I also got around to making a bunch of Goodyear tires as well . A thin layer of white paint is applied to an acyclic sheet, and then the tire is placed face down on the painted sheet, and ever so gentle pressure applied. When you lift off the tire, “Presto” raised white lettering

This is a 20X10X6 to fit on CBL rims

Cheers
                    Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	C5842822-BD30-4A06-ACA4-7594D3EF21EB.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	120035
                    Cheers

Dan
                    G.P Alberta

Comment