3DP Corvette C8 R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DP Corvette C8 R

I am not sure if I like the C8 or not. A little too angular for this Porsche guy. Styling aside the first mid engined Corvette is a landmark car. Was thinking of using this file for the GT3 proxy, but discovered home printed shells are not allowed, so this car will just tool around The Pines.

Resin 3D printed shell, PTEG printed chassis, resin wheels with vacuum formed glass and driver tray done at home. Weighs in at 85 grams, so not bad for a 3D printed car. Running a 22 K motor in a sidewinder podded shell of my own design . Decals were drafted in MS paint and printed on my laser jet printer. Other than the NSR tires this car is pretty much a 3D printed version of scratchbuilding

Cheers

Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	FF4FE640-AB80-41A7-AE12-5788CCB08833.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	114627 Click image for larger version  Name:	64002E9C-2C58-4176-943D-0C2288C9856C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.94 MB ID:	114628 Click image for larger version  Name:	F24AD2E1-B0CA-4700-8905-4F9E6632FA69.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.67 MB ID:	114629 Click image for larger version  Name:	EE43FB4F-6181-470F-8397-1A7E1FF25DB6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	114626 .
    Cheers

Dan
    G.P Alberta

If you can’t enter the race just send it over I’ll run the wheels off it an give lap times too
    Dave
    Peterborough Ont
    CANADA

Comment

Looks great Dan, how did you do the vacform buck?
      Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...

Comment

I 3D printed the window buck on my FDM printer.
        Cheers

Dan
        G.P Alberta

Comment

• Kevan
          Kevan commented
          Editing a comment
          I presumed that but did the file come with a buck or did you use the top part of the body to make a 3D file or some other thing?

• Barc 1
          Barc 1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have printed a universal front windshield block that is a flattened sphere, cut in half that is larger than any 132 scale car.

I vacuum form the clear plastic over this sphere. Once this is done I remove the buck and place the formed glass over the car. With a marker I draw the cut line using the model itself as a guide.

By doing this I do not require multiple bucks. I use blackened PVA glue as a windshield adhesive. If you screw up this stuff will just peel away once dry allowing you to try again. If you use it straight up it dries translucent and blends well.

You are doing nice work, Dan!
        The ability to do any car via 3DP really changes the hobby for me.

I have seen a few of the C8s around and they are low and wedgy without the buttresses of the Ford GT. Not sure I like it, but that's a matter of taste. I do like your build!
        Come Race at The Trace!
        Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

nice, very nice
          You really have the 3d printing down

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone.

3D printing has really come alive for me. The ability to build whatever you want is a game changer in the hobby for me. Trouble is they cars are becoming like Trebles in a Star Trek episode. They are really crowding my track and workspace.

My track has only one car on it that is not 3D printed at this moment. All my other cars are in storage boxes.

i have my GT3 entry which is a NSR Porsche shell sitting on my latest 3D chassis. The rest are all off of my printer.
            Cheers

Dan
            G.P Alberta

Comment

Well done! As a huge Vette fan, I'm there with you being on the fence of a mid-engine, and how the car body clearly had to change to make it happen, and for me the C7.R is the highest mark. As a fan of your work, this is fun to see you create just the same and hope she's fast!!
              Tony ... Tampa, FL, USA

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1