Slot.it 4WD cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slot.it 4WD cars?

I am always interested in finding new things, new to me anyway. I just came across info about Slot.it 4WD cars and was wondering how they perform. Any opinions?

I think they're mainly for the RAID courses - to compete with the likes of what Mitoos makes. I would imagine it's a Good RAID car compared to the very expensive Great Mitoos chassis. I can't imagine running them on a regular road course like I and many others have.
    It'd be interesting to see and hear about them.

Comment

SlotIt Raid cars? when did they make those?

Slot.it Audi R18 e-tron 4WD on the other hand...slower than RWD LMPs...good luck with it
      Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...

Comment

Yep had same results. Even swapped 4wd parts onto a well tuned lola lmp and was a good second slower with the 4we parts. Nothing I did made it any faster.
        THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
        Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

Thanks. That's pretty much what I figured. I recall some 4WD 1/24th cars way back in the 60s that had a similar performance disadvantage.

Comment

I have a Slot.it Audi e-tron 4WD that performs very good on a tight and twisted coarse. It took a while for the front bearings to loosen up. I drive with a smooth not choppy throttle. The front wheel assemblies have one way hubs, that lock up only under power. It may not be the fastest car, but I do enjoy it when I can out corner some of the faster guys. Oh, I run with Silicone tires on the front and back. It also will pull well around some wide sweeping turns.

Jim W
            Last edited by jaws; August 14, 2021, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            UA-149438709-1