scx spherical bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scx spherical bushings

so i did a search here on hrw but didnt find an answer. so before i break something, can anyone tell me if slot it spherical bushings can be used to replace the scx one's with no modifications?thanks,bill
    bill ,framingham ma

I believe the scx bearings are bigger physically then the Slot It

Comment

Originally posted by Billy boy View Post
      so i did a search here on hrw but didnt find an answer. so before i break something, can anyone tell me if slot it spherical bushings can be used to replace the scx one's with no modifications?thanks,bill
      Hello Billy boy, As mentioned above, the outer dia. of the SCX spherical bushings is a touch bigger than the Slot-it versions, so they will not be a direct snap in. That said you could glue the Slot-it bushings in place. (For best performance, All bushings should be aligned and glued in place).

My question is,....why would you want to replace the SCX bushings ???,......they are a good quality "sintered" oilite, (every bit as good as the Slot-its), and, switching them for Slo-its will not give you any performance gains. The SCX bushings will also accept a Slot-it sized axle with no "slop" issues.
      Last edited by chrisguyw; August 9, 2021, 10:03 AM.

Comment

The Slot.it bearings are not sintered, they appear to be solid bronze.

Comment

• chrisguyw
          chrisguyw commented
          Editing a comment
          Rich, Slot-it has produced "sintered" spherical bushings for a couple of years now, some of the newer cars come with them installed, and they are available on their own as replacements, for anyone wishing to swap out their "bronze" bushings...which is a very good idea.

i like to replace the bushings when i put a new axle in a car. probably not necessary but just a habit. the SCX brand is new to me so there will be a slight learning curve. great info though, thanks
        bill ,framingham ma

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1