• Show
Clear All

• What’s wrong with this grid?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1C0DDBF7-9385-4C0E-B13B-3A152BF557A6.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	111463

LOL! I decided to add GT3 as a new class of cars for my solo racing. Over several days from a couple retail sites I picked out liveries that looked good to me. I’m having a little trouble warming up to the modern dark, geometric liveries so I guess I went a little overboard with the old school whites. Will be fine for the solo runs but expect chaos when racing a buddy. 😂. Fun new bunch of cars. The AW LMP cars aren’t well suited to my track so I went with these sidewinders.

BTW, I do like the Turner Motorsports BMW livery and Pattos makes the decals for it. I’ve ordered parts from them for the big toy and Bill Auberlein is the winningest driver in IMSA history so someone to cheer for on TV.
    Mike V.
    Western North Carolina

I know nothing about GT3 cars but yes, they do look like clones to me.

These would make a good field for a solo 1 Mile Challenge.

Comment

• jfuente
      jfuente commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm definitely trying your 1 mile challenge. Calculated with my track, works out to 105.6 laps, so just say 106 laps. Great idea.

I agree about these halloween-looking masque macabre liveries that have come around lately. That looks like a great grid to me.

Comment

Looks awesome! Only added a few GT40s but looking to add a second class. Tempted by those Sideways Huracans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey thumbs View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1C0DDBF7-9385-4C0E-B13B-3A152BF557A6.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	111463

LOL! I decided to add GT3 as a new class of cars for my solo racing. Over several days from a couple retail sites I picked out liveries that looked good to me. I’m having a little trouble warming up to the modern dark, geometric liveries so I guess I went a little overboard with the old school whites. Will be fine for the solo runs but expect chaos when racing a buddy. 😂. Fun new bunch of cars. The AW LMP cars aren’t well suited to my track so I went with these sidewinders.

BTW, I do like the Turner Motorsports BMW livery and Pattos makes the decals for it. I’ve ordered parts from them for the big toy and Bill Auberlein is the winningest driver in IMSA history so someone to cheer for on TV.
        Good luck with those BMW decal I headset of those and could not for the life of me get the ones that went down the sides of the car to form around the door handles. Used every trick in the book.they were just to thick.
        THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
        Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

• Mickey thumbs
          Mickey thumbs commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear that. These wrap style liveries on 1:1 cars are hard to replicate using decals. Especially since we all have been spoiled by the high quality Tampo printing used by the manufacturers.

"What's wrong with this grid?" .... nothing if you like GT3 cars. Personally I find it quite hard to part with too many dollars chasing after them although I do have some, I think, but maybe they're just GT cars. GT1, 2,3 or 4, can't really tell the difference, they're all GT cars to me.

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1