Fixing Pioneer Guide Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing Pioneer Guide Blades

I have a few Pioneer muscle cars with "floppy" guide blades, kind of like Harry mentions in his review of the new Pioneer Legends. Does anyone have a recommended way to fix this? Does someone sell a guide blade adapter like the ones for Scalextric guides? Thanks in advance for any help on this topic. Glen

No adapters will drop in.

Try this maybe?

We did this on all of our TA models before we scrapped them and made new ones.
    -Harry

Comment

Boy you are fast! Did not see that. Thanks, Harry. I'll give it a try. Glen

Comment

No...as I stated, you cannot just swap in a new guide. The guide bulkhead design does not allow that simple of a fix.

-Harry

Comment

Originally posted by RichD
          You could switch to an aftermarket guide flag that is held in place by a screw and washer. Even if the shank of the guide is a slightly loose fit you can tighten down the screw to eliminate any slop. I like to use Slot.it wood track guides, those need to have the blade shortened somewhat.
          Thought about that, Rich, but as Harry stated it won't work on this car. Thanks for the suggestion, though! Also, the grub screw worked great to get out the slop, Harry, but have not had a chance to try out the car. I may need to adjust the ride height for the front wheels as well. Thank you both for the quick reply and the help! Glen

Comment

Working...
          X
          UA-149438709-1