Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Build a Winning Slot It Group C Toyota

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to Build a Winning Slot It Group C Toyota

    Step by step process on how to Build a Winning Slot It 1/32 scale Group C Toyota slot car for non magnet racing





  • #2
    ...and if you want to go even quicker put a SW pod in
    Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Kevan View Post
      ...and if you want to go even quicker put a SW pod in
      True, but it is not allowed in our club. We run them as a spec class. Only changes are tires, guide, braid and screws. Plus normal tuning like height and ballast.

      Comment


      • #4
        Great Video, thanks

        I built all of my slot It as sidewinders, but when I put some together for the grand kids I used an 18K motor in an inline pod. I liked the way the cars ran/handled so I switched my 962 back to inline and it was just as fast and smooth and very quiet. But everybody has their favorite set ups.

        Comment


        • #5
          If you don’t mind, please explain how the front to back body motion and lateral pod movement affects the handling of the car?

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for posting the video! Have you seen the new Slot.it crown gears?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tuner28 View Post
              Thanks for posting the video! Have you seen the new Slot.it crown gears?
              I have, but haven't bought any because our club only allows stock parts in the GP C class.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Brumos RSR View Post
                If you don’t mind, please explain how the front to back body motion and lateral pod movement affects the handling of the car?
                Not sure on the physics of it, but tuning a slot car has always been about isolating vibrations. At the track when tuning I'm using the screws to change the amount of pod movement. Sometime it's better looser and sometimes it's better tighter. The placement of the tape can also make a difference. The front to back movement of the body is a trick I learned in HO scale Fray cars. Moving weight to the form under deceleration helps plant the front end going into a corner.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jrrclk View Post

                  I have, but haven't bought any because our club only allows stock parts in the GP C class.
                  Good point. They run smoother and hold up much better.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1