1/32 Scale Wolverine CanAm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/32 Scale Wolverine CanAm

Anybody on here build one of these resin Wolverine CanAm cars, if so what chassis did you use?
    John R

I have seen a few of these built...(including a very nice one by David Mitcham)........most have been scratchbuilt chassis, but, David did use a Penelope Pitlane sidewinder chassis.

As far as adjustable plastic chassis choices,....you could use a Slot-it HRS, PCS , Shapeways adjustable, etc etc.

Cheers
    Chris Walker

The following is a pic. of Davids "Wolverine" ......painted to represent Jerry Hansens' car at St Jovite in 1966.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2727.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	110459
    Attached Files

Comment

• Jlrobe
      Jlrobe commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful build. Thanks

Fantastic kit and a wonderful unique car.
    Chassis all depends on what you want. It's resin, so heavy. If you just want to run it then the PP chassis is easy. The HRS will take a SW pod if you opt for a bit more performance.

I am looking forward to seeing your build of this kit.
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

After pulling everything out of the closet this morning. It appears the the Slot it Alfa 33/3 and the Policar/Slot it Ferrari 312PB chassis will work with some modifications (read cutting…) to the sides and front. I’ll post pictures when surgery has begun.
      Thanks
      John R

Comment

Does anyone else think this looks like Speed Racer's Mark 5?

Comment

• Jlrobe
          Jlrobe commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. Well it was built in 1965 and raced in 1965 & 1966. Speed Racer came out in 1967, so the cartoonist could have been influenced.
      Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1