• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revo Merc CLK

Click image for larger version

Name:	merc.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	582.3 KB
ID:	107770 Anyone got theirs yet ? I worried about the front looking like a 4x4 ?

Name:	1625865424190-png.277190.png
Views:	509
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	107769

Anyone got theirs yet ? I worried about the front looking like a 4x4 ?

Looks fantastic! But that's the problem with these LeMans cars that are as flat and long as a surfboard! The wheel arches are nearly exactly cut out to fit the tire. I think if you lower the front to where the wheel would be centered correctly - if you can - that the front lip would scrape the track if it wasn't completely flat the whole way around.

It's quite possible they molded the wheel arches too tall also...

Comment

Anyone tuned or lowered them yet ?

Comment

You can pull the front body post caps. That will get the front end down and look a bit better. If you are concerned about the noise factor, a small piece of scotch tape over the front body post with a hole popped in it will cure that.
        Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
        Facebook-
        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
        YouTube-
        https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Comment

Originally posted by War Eagle River View Post
          You can pull the front body post caps. That will get the front end down and look a bit better. If you are concerned about the noise factor, a small piece of scotch tape over the front body post with a hole popped in it will cure that.

Thanks Scott, are you or Harry going to be doing a tuning video on them ?

Comment

• War Eagle River
            War Eagle River commented
            Editing a comment
            Haven’t picked up a CLK yet. There are some RevoSlot tuning vids on YouTube.

Alan posted a fix on his Instagram 132slotcar
          Tony
          Pass Christian, MS

Comment

• War Eagle River
            Editing a comment
            His fix was exactly what I stated above. Remove the body post caps.

• Ragtopman
            Ragtopman commented
            Editing a comment
            Thx for the info guys! Have one on preorder so it looks like an easy fix. Beautiful cars!

I wasn't planning on getting any more Revo Slot cars as no one else around here feels like spending the money to get one, And since I already have two of the cars, the Ferrari 333SP and the F40 I figured they would be enough. But now that I have seen the Mercedes CLK I'm getting one more. I wonder how the Aussies managed to get their initial batch way ahead of most everyone else. I have the Ninco version with an Olifer chassis and slot.it running gear and it is quick but I'm guessing the Revo Slot will leave it in it's dust.

Comment

• Kevan
            Kevan commented
            Editing a comment
            It shouldn't do, put a SW pod in it and it should fly. Revos are quick but not quicker than a well set up podded plastic chassis alternative.

• Mitch58
            Mitch58 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had the same Ninco set up the same way. It suffers from the same issue as a nicely set up Fly racing series car. The body is too heavy. The Slot It and NSRs will always have an advantage there. That being said My Revoslot Toyota GT1 is running very good. While it is a tad slower than my NSR Mosler it is easier to drive at the upper limit, So over 3 three minute heats it may Come out on top. I'll find out this Thursday.

I haven't taken out the rubber body posts out before. Has anyone tested lap times (with any car) before and after taking out the posts ? Sure the car is lower, but the rubber helps with a bit of rock. Revo put them in for a reason, was it to make the car more quiet or more for performance ?

Comment

• Brumos RSR
            Brumos RSR commented
            Editing a comment
            Someone mentioned putting scotch tape over the post. Best to try it as each car, even 2 of the same cars may react differently

In lockdown atm but i think taking the rubber posts off make it sit too low and scrubs at the front. Thinking cutting or filing the rubber posts is more the answer

Comment

• Brumos RSR
            Brumos RSR commented
            Editing a comment
            R377 ^^^WER is The Godfather of Revoslots^^^ I’ve seen it in person

• War Eagle River
            Editing a comment
            Oh stop Tony!

• Brumos RSR
            Brumos RSR commented
            Editing a comment
            But I have….

My thoughts so far on the Merc. Keep in mind the Merc is heavy at 107g, most of the GT2 weigh around 100g.

We raced on the weekend. No Ferrari 333 or toyota lmp but virtually one of each car and the Merc (not mine) won by a couple of laps. The track was medium sized with straights and not alot of corners which did suit the merc. Watching the Merc accelerate it looked slightly faster than the other revos, have Revo improved their pinions and gears maybe ? Once again keep in mind the 7g weight advantage of the GT2 cars

I did some testing yesterday. Keep in mind the Merc is heavy at 107g, most of the GT2 weigh around 100g. I tested it on a tight curvy track and right away you could feel the weight. I played around for hours with it against my well tuned Marcos which is right at home on tight tracks.

Bit of a small miracle that the Merc was only 0.05 sec off the Marcos (swapped the same tyres for both cars). Once again it looked to accelerate better but you could feel the difference around the corners. On medium and large tracks which are free flowing I would be guessing it would be 0.05 to 0.1 faster than most GT2 cars.

Is it faster than the toyota LMP with wider rims ? prob not. Is it faster than the Porsche GT1 ? very close, might be a slight edge to the Merc.

Comment

I spent some time on my track with all my Revo cars this weekend. I have one of each body style. The cars are all tuned the same, all on their stock tires, but all trued and the fronts coated.

I found the CLK to be the slowest of them all around my track, with the Toyota second slowest. My track rewards the shorter, lighter cars as it has some quick direction changes. Fastest on the day was my Ferrari 333SP, but the Porsche and the Marcos were very close. Overall, there was about 0.2 seconds per lap between quickest and slowest, so it's really not a lot, and in a race things can change easily.

They are all fun to drive, though, with different characteristics that keep it interesting.
            Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
            Life is scratchbuilt

Comment

Waiting for mine to arrive, looking forward to it, I have the JPS Celica and have just completed WER's tape method on the chassis, made a huge difference and it's much quieter and smoother, It has the 15 shore RS tires on the rear lightly trued. Got a set of G25s to test

Comment

Name:	AB07A289-8114-4C7A-8EF3-619B7B2DAC4D.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	4.00 MB
ID:	114525 Click image for larger version

Name:	D929E6AC-142B-4B5F-90AA-E888B0174B49.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	3.32 MB
ID:	114524 Just got mine and after a few adjustments and also a thank u to WER for the scotch tape trick! Took out the rubber screw hole covers x4 to lower the body to get rid of the arch gap and then put on the tape. Light trueing of all 4 tires, adjusted rear bearing holders slightly, a bit of lube and oil and off she went. And for being the heaviest Revo I have(measured a whopping 109g) it goes great! I think the wide rear end really helps. Great running car as all these Revos are.

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1