Trans-am series Porsche 911 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans-am series Porsche 911 ?

Not being from America and just reading online do you allow Porsche 911 to run in your Trans-am categories ? Here in Australia we basically call it "muscle car" or "classic touring" to allow for our Falcons and Torana to go up against the Camaro's, Mustangs, Javelins etc

Scaley release porsche 911

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 – Trans Am 1974 – Al Holbert Racing

http://www.slotshop.com.au/c4241-por...ans-am-1974-al

http://www.motorsportsmarketingresou...a-transam.html

In the mid 70’s there were two major national sports car racing series in America; the IMSA (International Motor Sport Association) series and the Sportscar Club of America’s TransAm series. Although there were some regulatory differences between the two series several competitors entered both and a Porsche RSR was definitely the weapon of choice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C4241.jpg?20210117132719.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	107191
    Attached Files

It all depends on the years that are included in the TransAm series. If it runs as high as 1974, then yes.

Allan
    Last edited by Audi1; July 6, 2021, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Brumos RSR
      Brumos RSR commented
      Editing a comment
      Rules posted say through ‘76 so it would be legal. It’s my plan C.

Would that car not be in the under 2l class
    THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
    Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

• Brumos RSR
      Brumos RSR commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s a 3.0 Liter engine that Porsche ran in 73-76 replacing the 2.7liter RSR which also qualifies for the O2 liter Trans Am Proxy. Unlike the real car which finished 2nd in the TA championship, it would be tough to get one to compete on slot car track against American Muscle.

That looks good to me!

And I know that it isn't a Scaley motor, but that car should come with a (wait for it...) Flat 6!!!

Har har har!!
    Ladies and Germs, I will be here all night!

Scott
    Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Comment

• Rleog
      Rleog commented
      Editing a comment
      😩
      (Butzi just rolled over)

Fly did a very nice white George Follmer 1976 Trans Am Porsche 934. Like the real car it has the motor behind the rear axle. With a bit of weight it runs beautifully but the balance is an issue. Without a fair bit of weight forward and low down it does not handle very well. Once you add sufficient ballast it is too heavy and hence slow in a straight line with the stock motor.

But it looks nice and is fun to drive

Comment

Working...
    X
    UA-149438709-1