Shark Week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shark Week!

In honor of the upcoming Shark Week (Shock Week for our friends down-under) and I had nothing better to do in the rain last week I threw together a Mako Shark to keep my fine tuning calibrated.
    Monogram body, Carrera Stingray chassis fits perfectly, also used the Stingray interior pan and driver. No paint, scraped down the mold lines then wet sanded and polished it, bare metal foiled the trim.
    I did make six pointy style Corvette red acrylic tail lights and drilled out the bezels and installed those, also made openings in the grill for rectangular clear acrylic headlights, all lit by led's. I didn't do the lower body Shark fading or worry about the turbine wheels or door mirrors... don't have any, just for fun.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210704_120250(0).jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.50 MB ID:	106857 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210704_120141.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	106855 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210703_154525.jpg Views:	0 Size:	581.6 KB ID:	106854 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210703_152546.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	106856
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210704_115819.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	106861

Last edited by Bluevista; July 5, 2021, 08:03 AM.
    Allan

I love the Mako Shark. Oddly, probably one of the only Corvettes that I like but there you have it.

Great looking stuff! Looks gorgeous in it's own skin.
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

That looks GREAT! Love the LED treatment as well - VERY nice touch!

Comment

Wow. That looks GREAT!

Scott
        Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Comment

That is really sharp!

Comment

looks grewat
            excellent modeling skills shown there.

Comment

Did you make a chassis for it or did you use a chassis from another car for it ?

Comment

• Fathead59
                Fathead59 commented
                Editing a comment
                The reason why I ask is because I have the same body

• Bluevista
                Bluevista commented
                Editing a comment
                The chassis is from a Carrera digital Corvette Stingray. It fits fine with some trimming for the rear valance, gets tight there. JB welded the mounting posts to the body with 4-40 brass inserts in them to screw the chassis to. I used the Stingray interior also with some fitting.

Nice work, mine is in a box waiting..... Yours is gorgeous.
              Come Race at The Trace!
              Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1