Racer Ferrari 250 Breadvan chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racer Ferrari 250 Breadvan chassis

So I picked up a used body only fixer upper one of these some time ago that was badly painted. After some great difficulty of getting most of the paint off I was wondering where I can find a replacement chassis for it or possibly use an alternative ? I know much of Racer's stuff seams to utilize Slot. It components. I could probably get a 3D printed one to work but the front section has some kind of inner finder wells that almost looks like it was designed to be a front axle carrier.

I searched for Racer 250 GTO chassis with no success, Electric Dreams and GTSlots were primary carriers of Racer cars and parts which are getting tougher and tougher to find. If it’s a fun car for you, they go very well with brass chassis and 22k motors as they are hefty.
    The Jester
    of Da Lou but from
    the Soxside

Comment

slot.it HRS chassis should fit under that car

cheers
      DN
      Dangermouse to the rescue.

Comment

• Brumos RSR
        Brumos RSR commented
        Editing a comment
        This may be the best choice but Racer bodies do not like to flex much

That looks more like it would be for alignment more than a carrier , see if a PCS32 will fit

Comment

• Fathead59
        Fathead59 commented
        Editing a comment
        The only problem you may have is an interior might not fit , you may have to work around that , or hand build a chassis

Mustang,
      I don't think that is a Racer body. The Racer body has two body posts at the front.
      Picture borrowed from PendleSlot:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	sl23-4.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	106468

Your body appears to only have one.
      The only other 1/32 slot version I recall is MMK did one years ago.
      Did some digging on the 'net and found a picture of the bottom of one of theirs"

Click image for larger version

Name:	images2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	106469
      You can see the single, far forward body post at the front, and almost make out the fender wells if you squint...
      MMK is a small scale boutique mfr. I believe they are still around (French company I believe).
      To my knowledge, MMK doesn't offer spares.
      But Electric dreams does sell the full car RTR:
      MMK HS09 Ferrari 250GT "Breadvan" LeMans 1962 RTR

Comment

I think you're on to something Joe. I agree now that you posted the pics of the MMK chassis. Thanks for clearing that up

Chet

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1