Dekon Monza break in time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dekon Monza break in time.

I got this Carrera Monza for Christmas, after taking the magnet out I wasn’t really thrilled with it, it was just ok. So I put the magnets back in and made it my designated pace car. For the past 6 months it’s been going round and round on my small track every time I ran another car. So recently I decided to give I another chance with out magnets. Wow, what a difference a few hundred laps make. The motors is more responsive, the gears are nearly silent. Tires got sanded a bit and it rides smooth. It’s fun to drive now, from just ok to really good all on its own.

Click image for larger version  Name:	83E958BF-99FD-4C17-9FF9-131F0F357859.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	85.6 KB ID:	105210

Ditch the stock rear tires for some urethanes.
    I’m a big fan of this car. Still waiting for Olifer to make a 3D chassis to hot rod it.

Comment

• Michael Squier
      Michael Squier commented
      Editing a comment
      PG tires on on the shopping list, for a bunch of cars. This one isn’t the worst of the stock tires on my small stable of cars, but I can see it will be much higher on my fast car list with better tires.

I have to put a lexan interior in mine as it's too top heavy and not competitive at all.

Comment

• Michael Squier
      Michael Squier commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m guessing my stable of cars is a lot smaller and slower than yours so competitive is a relative term here. Lol. But yeah, I can see the top heavy ness just looking at it, that huge wing in the back isn’t helping the center of gravity much. But it wins in coolness factor.
      I’ve noticed the Carrera bodies are built heavy. They seem to have multiple pieces and layers instead of one piece moldings, I assume to get better detail at the expense of being heavy. The Monza is no exception.
      Last edited by Michael Squier; June 26, 2021, 07:34 AM.

I have one that sits on the shelf most of the time. I have been contemplating removing that BIG ugly wing and replacing it with a small spoiler. There are several images of these Monzas without that monster wing in google images.

Also I think Carrera cars have thicker plastic due to the fact that they are targeted at younger racers.

Comment

• Michael Squier
      Michael Squier commented
      Editing a comment
      Those Monzas were cool. The big front air dam was smaller on previous year cars also. I’ve thought about buying another one to modify the body also.
Working...
X
UA-149438709-1