Clear All

• Revo Ferrari F40

Anyone got them to run well yet ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	f40-revoslot-01-41102.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	104262

We will find out more as the Revoslot Proxy provides feedback throughout the series.

Comment

My F40 is fast it is just a couple of hundreds of a second off my fastest Slot It and NSR cars. My car came out of the box with the axles binding on both ends, after correcting that and adding some weight in front of the rear wheels and truing the tires and striping all the unnecessary pieces off they are fast but a hand full to hold on the edge. It will either lose the rear end or flip on it's side and doe's none of those things consistently, so that said I think it is tuned pretty close. They seem to be a bit top heavy as opposed to the fast plastic cars. In a nutshell I think they are great, you get a precision machined race car and a pleasure to hold in your hands and I think worth the money. Right now mine is apart in a box, when I have had more time with it I will try to leave further comment.

Comment

4 guys from my clubs have them and none of them run as good as the viper, marcos, porsche, supra. Its early days yet but im yet to see one run in a race. They all run other cars for race day as they could not get better times with the f40

Comment

I spent some time working on a mates ferrari F40 last race meet. It was tailey under heavy braking. Just needed some weight in the right areas and it runs good. It is now competitive with the other GT2 cars, I can't see them being the fastest but at least they can keep up and be competitive

Comment

I had issues with the from axle blocks/front wheels & tires. Had the darndest time getting them to touch consistently. I even tried to add material to the front tires by way of glue. Never did get a reliable ride. I ended up putting it away for another time.

Comment

My F40 is about 2 secs quicker in 20 laps than my Viper at 54.73 secs. Viper 56.67 secs on my Scaley oval. Fast Lap for the Viper was 2.63 Fast Lap for the F40 2.60
              Arrold Martin
              Nashville TN

Comment

I switched the rears from my Porsche GT2 to the front of my F40 after I trued and coated them then trued again. Car is still bringing up the rear of the Revoslot Proxy. Supra will get the call from the pen next time.
                Last edited by Brumos RSR; July 1, 2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Personally, I think there's an inconsistency with Revoslot motors (I have 6) but I've yet to dyno them so that's just unsubstantiated at this point but some motors seem flat. There are some in the club that walk all others on the straights and we just run with just aftermarket tires and the rest of the car is stock. However, I did get my F40 to go a bit faster lap time-wise once I added some weight (right before the motor pod). Still, the Vipers were the class of the field.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1