Chicago Porsche 908-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Porsche 908-3

After doing my last 908 a small amount of hockey talk broke out. When the Chicago Blackhawks and that fantastic logo were mentioned my mind instantly went to a Blackhawk -Champion theme. Here it is

PTEG printed on my FDM printer with a podded chassis that was also done on the FDM printer. Wheels, Driver interior, fuel cap and mirror came off my Resin printer.

Decals were done on my Laser Jet.

Slot cars and Hockey ,doesn't get much better for me

Cheers

Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1080596.jpg Views:	0 Size:	388.6 KB ID:	103409 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1080599.jpg Views:	0 Size:	240.6 KB ID:	103410 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1080598.jpg Views:	0 Size:	320.9 KB ID:	103408 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1080597.jpg Views:	0 Size:	241.1 KB ID:	103406 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1080602.jpg Views:	0 Size:	348.1 KB ID:	103407
    Last edited by Barc 1; June 16, 2021, 08:24 PM.
    Cheers

Dan
    G.P Alberta

Nice work on the motor plate, looks good.

What weight are you getting on the PETG body? And how easy was the prep? I am used to a little smoothing on the PLA but the nose looks pretty decent.
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

THis body was a lot of post print work The entire body was covered in spot putty and then sanded smooth. It was actually printed in draft mode and then when I looked at it I thought I could salvage it with post finishing,

I haven't printed any thing close to your 5 gram Porsche . But I am guessing this is in the 15 -17 gram range. I will weight next time I have it apart

Cheers

Dan
      Cheers

Dan
      G.P Alberta

Comment

Nah, no need at that point. That's rough enough that all the additional filler will bump it way up. Was curious if the PETG helped at all vs the PLA.
        The 5g body was interesting, but it would never last in a race unless you never crashed and no one ever hit you. Possible, but unlikely.

I tend to think that the 10-15g range is pretty achievable for small cars based on my recent tweaks and depending on the body. A 917-30 is never going to reach 5g, the car is just too big - but the 908 is small.
        Come Race at The Trace!
        Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	021FF2F0-7EB3-48F0-9A26-784DEBFC8818.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	103437 Click image for larger version

Name:	2BE83798-37BF-4B11-943F-7ABD536496F6.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	103438
          Blackhawks Hockey might be a big deal in our house. Love it Dan
          The Jester
          of Da Lou but from
          the Soxside

Comment

Now if it was Red Wings themed car you would really have something there!! 😁

Nice job!

Comment

Their goal song is pretty cool.
              Rob

Comment

• Brumos RSR
                Brumos RSR commented
                Editing a comment
                So is the pregame intro and indoor fireworks

Should do all the orginal 6 teams, love it. I made a Red Wings car quite awhile ago.
              Clover Leaf Racing 7746 Clyde Road Fenton MI 48430 U.S.A. 313-473-SLOT
              web site: https://cloverleafracing.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloverleafracing
              YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLR132slots?feature=watch

Comment

Nicely done. If you are ever in Toledo Ohio you can tour the estate and grounds of the original owner of the Champion spark plug brand. I forgot the family name at the moment but it is a neat way to spend a couple hours. And as far as hockey goes, all I have to say is "24 cups"!
                PetesLightKits

Comment

GO HAWKS!!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1