disapointed with the batmobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disapointed with the batmobile

i received my batmobile yesterday and was disapointed with its condition.the case seemed to have a bit more scuffs on the case than usual with a scratch on top , the car itself has a few blemishes in the paint. it came from a reputable seller that ive used before. it came wrapped in bubble wrap.i tried taking pictures of it but my camera isnt great. just wondering how others recieced there car, what was it wrapped with ect, am i being to picky ? thanks,bill
    bill ,framingham ma

I got mine yesterday too and the car and the case are in perfect condition. I'm not trying to rub it in but the car is actually way nicer than I thought it would be for fit and finish compared to the few other Scalextric cars I have. I got it from the three letter place that starts with L and ends with B with E in between. The car was in bubble wrap with the model number in marker on one end and in a box with paper packing. I think it is the factory wrap so nobody touches the case, same goes for the Carrera cars I get from them. I would return it to whoever but they may not have another to send the way they're selling. I'd find another one right away before they are unobtanium or the prices go nuts. I have two more coming from two other dealers and will update if those have any problems.
    Allan

Comment

My case is perfect mint condition. Car is perfect too.

Comment

Just got mine from LEB and it’s perfect as well. Sorry to hear urs was not in the best shape as I know that is very disappointing. Maybe just c if they can exchange it for a better one? Good luck!

Comment

Mine looks fine. Way better than I expected actually.
          My case was in bubble wrap, from ebay lakota collectales

If you complain any reputable dealer should take an exchange

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0481.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	100434

Comment

Mine came in excellent shape. I have not pulled it from the case or examined it with a magnifying glass. It looks good as it sets on the shelf. To me it's just a toy car and not an expensive collectable. I appreciate the finish of the new plastic cars, but I am never too critical of it. For a toy car at the price, I think they are pretty good. I have never received anything damaged.
            Matt B
            So. In
            Crashers

Comment

i got mine from leb as well,great seller,ive never gotten a bad car from them but this one doesnt look right.probably happened at the factory and slipped by QC. i havnt opened the case yet.ill contact leb and see whats up. thanks for all the info.
              bill ,framingham ma

Comment

I got a second one and it did have some crud on the paint and was dirty like from production. I'm slowly comprising a database of Chinese fingerprints from new slot cars.
                The stuff came right off with Novus cleaner, still has some fine scratches that should polish out. Otherwise all good, threw a Carson chip in and it goes, it's like driving a boat.
                Allan

Comment

When I got mine it had a British accent. I have to dig in the barn for Sir Robin.
                  Well, it come from across the pond.

Comment

got in touch with leb but was told there out so not much they can do. happy to have one at least.
                    bill ,framingham ma

Comment

• Silberpfeil
                      Silberpfeil commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There’s a bunch on eBay.
                  Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1